I have to tell you something. You know how you’ve been looking for a chicken recipe where you can just throw it all in one pan, serve from that same pan and still feel like June Cleaver at the end? This is that recipe. It’s lemon herb chicken and from the pan to the plate you’ll want to say, “Winner, winner…chicken dinner”.
I shared this recipe a few years back on another blog but recently I discovered that I did something horrible wrong. Somehow, I never shared the recipe on The Domestic Life Stylist! Now, before you start saying you don’t need another chicken recipe, hear me out.
Succulent. Delicious. Juicy. Need I say more?
If you will be having company over when you make the lemon chicken, be sure to put it in a pretty over proof casserole dish from the beginning. That way you won’t have to transfer the chicken except for when it’s time to eat.
The skies the limit when it comes to what to serve with this. It would go well, with cous cous, baked potatoes, rice, and of course steamed vegetables. If you’re going low carb then fluffy quinoa will do.
By the way, I’m saying that this recipe serves 8 but that depends on how big the pieces chicken are and how hungry your family is. Adults went back for seconds so you decide.
- 5 chicken thighs (cleaned and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Goya adobo seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (kept warm)
- 1 whole lemon (1/2 sliced, ½ juiced)
- fresh thyme (about one fistful)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- In large pan add canola oil and heat to medium setting
- While oil is heating season chicken with salt, pepper, adobo and paprika
- Brown chicken in hot pan at medium high heat, flipping once
- Lower heat and add lemon juice and chicken broth to deglaze pan using a spatula to scrape up extra bits at bottom of pan
- Add garlic
- Top with lemon slices and herbs
- Place covered pan in oven and cook an additional 20- 25 min or until juices run clear
- Serve alongside cous cous or rice